The information below represents a few of the notable calls for service handled by the Verona Police Department between Monday (8/21) morning and Friday (8/25) afternoon. This information is not all-inclusive, but rather preliminary information gathered from officers who investigated the calls.
- 8/21/23 @ 6:21 p.m. – A traffic complaint was called in on a vehicle and a VPD officer located and stopped the vehicle. An odor of marijuana was detected by the officer, and marijuana drug paraphernalia was located in the vehicle during a vehicle search. The driver, a 46yo female from Madison, was arrested for OWI – 1st Offense. She was also cited for Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Throwing Waste from a Vehicle.
- 8/23/23 @ 12:21 a.m. – An officer stopped a vehicle because the vehicle’s registered owner had a suspended drivers license and an arrest warrant. The owner, a 41yo female from Monroe, ended up being a passenger in the vehicle. She fled from the vehicle but was arrested a short time later. She was booked into jail on her arrest warrant, as well as for Resisting or Obstructing and Officer. The driver, a 41yo male from Footville, was cited for Operating After Revocation and for failing to have a 3yo passenger properly restrained in the vehicle.
- 8/23/23 @ 6:20 a.m. – Officers were dispatched to a motor vehicle crash with injuries being reported. The crash occurred in the northbound lanes of Old PB @ USH 18/151. A 34yo male from Mount Horeb was cited for Failure to Yield Right-of-Way. The other driver, a 50yo male from Monroe, was transported by EMS for reported minor injures. While officers were on scene of this crash, a secondary crash occurred in the southbound lanes of Old PB. The Dane County Sheriff’s Office investigated that crash at the request of VPD.
- 8/23/23 @ 1:25 p.m. – An officer stopped a vehicle for a speeding violation. As the vehicle stopped, a passenger discarded marijuana from the vehicle, which was located by officers. Other marijuana and various items of drug paraphernalia were located in the vehicle. The driver, a 23yo female from Madison, was cited for Speeding, Failure to Fasten Seat Belt, and Possession of Paraphernalia. A 22yo male passenger from Madison was cited for Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and a 23yo male passenger from Madison was cited for Possession of Marijuana.
- 8/24/23 @ 10:11 a.m. – A 12yo boy reported being bitten by a small, black and white dog who had brown spots. The bit occurred on the trail near the footbridge at the south end of Lincoln Street. The bit was minor; however, the dog and owner have not been identified. Anyone with information about this dog or the owner is asked to contact VPD.
- 8/24/23 @ 4:32 p.m. – Officers were dispatched to a rollover crash on Industrial Drive at Berkley Road. The investigation determined a 22yo female from Fitchburg was driving and using her cell phone when she collided with a legally parked and occupied vehicle, causing her vehicle to rollover. Thankfully, there were no reported injuries. The driver was cited for Inattentive Driving.