The information below represents some of the notable calls for service handled by the Verona Police Department between Friday (8/18) evening and Monday (8/21) morning. This information is not all-inclusive, but rather is preliminary information gathered from officers who investigated the calls.
- 8/18/23 @ 11:31 p.m. – Officers were dispatched to a disturbance in the 200 block of Industrial Drive with a report a female was yelling and had crawled in a window. Officers located the 27yo female from Madison, who ended up being taken into custody on arrest warrants, as well as for Disorderly Conduct and Trespass to Dwelling.
- 8/19/23 @ 10:45 a.m. – An offender used a counterfeit $100 bill to make a purchase at Dorn True Value on 8/15/12. On 8/19/23, Marshall PD contacted VPD reference the same suspect who passed a counterfeit $100 Ace Hardware in Marshall. A Wisconsin Crime Alert Network message was sent out containing a screenshot of video surveillance and the offender was positively identified by several law enforcement officers as a 25yo Madison Man. Further follow up investigations will occur.
- 8/19/23 @ 9:01 p.m. – A vehicle was reported to have veered into the ditch at least two times as it was traveling northbound on USH 18/151 approaching Verona. VPD officers located the vehicle at a bar on W. Verona Avenue where the driver was requested to perform a series of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. The 24yo male from Verona was arrested for OWI – 1st Offense.
- 8/20/23 @ 2:39 a.m. – An officer conducting foot patrol in an business district located an unoccupied business with all its doors unsecured with interior lights on. The officer was able to secure the doors and the business owner was appreciative of the officer’s actions.
- 8/21/23 @ 2:06 a.m. – A vehicle was stopped for an equipment violation and the operator admitted to having a small amount of marijuana. The operator, a 27yo man from Madison, was cited for Possession of Marijuana, Operating While Suspended, Expired Registration, and Failure to Fasten Seat Belt. His 3 passengers were also cited for Failure to Fasten Seat Belts.