The information below represents a few of the notable calls for service handled by the Verona Police Department between Monday (8/7) morning and Friday (8/11) afternoon. This information is not all-inclusive, but rather preliminary information gathered from officers who investigated the calls.
- 8/7/23 @ 10:26 a.m. – A 63yo Verona residence fell victim to fraud. An email scam directed the victim to purchase and transfer Bitcoin (cryptocurrency). *No legitimate business will request payment by means of cryptocurrency. Please, do not fall for such scams.*
- 8/8/23 @ 12:33 a.m. – A 911 disconnect call resulted in officers locating a domestic disturbance when they arrived on scene. A 35yo Verona man was arrested for Strangulation and Suffocation, Battery, and Disorderly Conduct, and a hold was placed on him for violating terms of his probation.
- 8/10/23 @ 2:44 a.m. – A 16yo Middleton juvenile, a 15yo Waunakee juvenile, and a 14yo Verona juvenile were all cited for being in Fireman’s Park after closing hours. The 16yo juvenile was also cited for Possession of THC.
- 8/11/23 @ 11:30 a.m. – Officers were dispatched to an obvious death. A 58yo Verona female passed away. There were no suspicious circumstances detected at the scene.
- 8/11/23 @ 7:58 p.m. – Officer were dispatched to a local motel for a report of a disturbance. A guest became disorderly when she was not permitted to bring her bicycle inside. The 35yo female from Willowbrook, IL was cited for Disorderly Conduct and was asked to leave the property at the request of staff.