The information below represents some of the notable calls for service handled by the Verona Police Department between Monday (7/24) morning and Friday (7/28) afternoon. This information is not all-inclusive, but rather preliminary information gathered from officers who investigated the calls.
- 7/25/23 @ 10:23 a.m. – Graffiti Complaint in the 300 block of North Nine Mound Road. “Have Hope” was spray painted on an Alliant Energy electrical box in black paint. It is unknown when the graffiti occurred.
- 7/25/23 @ 2:04 p.m. – Graffiti Complaint in the 200 block of Legion Street. Storage units and a nearby business were tagged in white paint which was reported to have occurred in the overnight hours. It is unknown if this graffiti complaint and the previous graffiti complaint are related. Anyone with information regarding these graffiti is encouraged to call VPD.
- 7/25/23 @ 2:37 p.m. through 5:04 p.m. – VPD received four complaints of door-to-door solicitors exhibiting aggressive tactics, not honoring “No Soliciting” signs, and showing hesitancy to leave when asked. The business solicitations manager was contacted reference the complaints and was educated on Ordinance 7-4, which governs regulations of merchants and solicitors.
- 7/25/23 @ 9:57 p.m. – Officers were dispatched to a domestic disturbance. The investigation determined a 38yo female was intoxicated and was causing a disturbance. The female was arrested for Disorderly Conduct and booked into jail.
- 7/28/23 @ 6:18 p.m. – The Payette County, Idaho Sheriff’s Office requested VPD attempt to locate a 23yo female who had an extraditable warrant through their agency. The female was located at a residence in Verona and taken into custody.