The information below represents some of the notable calls for service handled by the Verona Police Department between Monday (6/19) morning and Friday (6/23) afternoon. This information is not all-inclusive, but rather preliminary information gathered from officers who investigated the calls.
- 6/19/23 @ 4:20 p.m. – An officer spotted a 40yo female who VPD had Probable Cause to arrest for Disorderly Conduct, which stemmed from a disturbance she created on 6/13/23. She was taken into custody without incident and booked into jail.
- 6/20/23 @ 10:33 a.m. – An officer stopped a vehicle because the listed vehicle owner had multiple warrants. The driver was the 32yo owner, and he was arrested on the warrants. Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFSTs) were also administered, and the driver was arrested for OWI-2nd Offense. He was booked into jail on the warrants, the OWI charges, and Felony Bail Jumping.
- 6/21/23 @ 2:27 a.m. – An officer stopped a vehicle for deviating from its lane of travel. SFSTs were administered after the officer detected signed the driver may be impaired. The driver, a 38yo female from Madison, was arrested for OWI-2nd Offense.
- 6/21/23 @ 12:53 p.m. – VPD assisted the Verona Fire Department with a residential house fire. No injuries were reported. Legion Street was closed for several hours.
- 6/21/23 @ 2:29 p.m. – VPD and EMS were dispatched to a pulseless, non-breathing 83yo individual. An officer administered chest compressions until life-saving measures were taken over by EMS. The patient regained a pulse and was transported to a hospital.