The information below represents some of the notable calls for service handled by the Verona Police Department between Monday (6/12) morning and Friday (6/16) afternoon. This information is not all-inclusive, but rather preliminary information gathered from officers who investigated the calls.
- 6/12/2023 @ 8:26 p.m. – Officers were dispatched to a domestic disturbance. The offender left before officers arrived; however, officers returned later in the night and took the 35yo male into custody. He was booked into jail for Disorderly Conduct, as well as a Probation & Parole Warrant.
- 6/13/2023 @ 12:25 p.m. – A citizen reported two individuals wearing ski masks, opening doors on vehicles in their neighborhood. The citizen was an excellent witness and provided an accurate description of the vehicle, as well as the vehicle’s license plate. An officer located the vehicle and the vehicle fled at a high rate of speed, eluding the officer. Madison PD later located the vehicle after it had been involved in a crash in Madison. Ultimately, all occupants of the vehicle were apprehended, and it was confirmed the vehicle was stolen from Columbus, WI.
- 6/13/2023 @ 11:39 p.m. – An officer stopped a vehicle for an equipment violation. The driver ended up being arrested for bail jumping because he had bail condition which prohibited him from being with his passenger.
- 6/14/2023 @ 8:24 a.m. – The dispatch center aired information of a vehicle with a shattered windshield traveling towards Verona on CTH M. An officer was in that area and located the vehicle. The vehicle was stopped, and the 62yo driver from Oregon was arrested for OWI-3rd Offense. He was also booked into jail for felony bail jumping and cited for several traffic violations.
- 6/15/2023 @ 8:12 p.m. – Officers assisted the Verona Fire Department with a vehicle fire. The vehicle was in the garage of the residence; however, VFD extinguished the fire before it was able to spread into the living areas of the house.