Certain Home Day Care businesses are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. In any case, an Occupancy Permit is required from the City of Verona.
Occupancy permits are required for:
- Family Day Care Home (4 to 8 Children)
- Family day care homes are occupied residences in which a qualified person or persons provide child care for 4 to 8 children (the care of less than 4 children is not subject to the regulations of this chapter)
- They are permitted by right in Zoning Districts RA-35ac, NR, MR, and UR.
- Intermediate Day Care Home (9 to 15 Children)
- Intermediate day care homes are occupied residences in which a qualified person or persons provide child care for 9 to 15 children. They are permitted by Conditional Use only in Zoning Districts RA-35ac, NR, MR, and UR
Wisconsin Department of Children & Families
The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families is located at:
201 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 8916
Madison, WI 53708-8916
They can be reached by email or you can also visit their website.
City of Verona
For more information, please call the Planning and Development Department at 608-848-9941.